Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban

prec Previous element Back to the list Back to the list next Next element
Port Salio
56360 Le Palais
  • La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban 1 - Le Palais
  • La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban 2 - Le Palais
  • La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban 1 - Le Palais
  • La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban 2 - Le Palais
Also called Aiguade de Vauban because built under its authority in 1703, it was used to supply freshwater vessels. Listed as a historic monument, this tank holds 860,000 liters. There are only 2 buildings of this type in France today. Open every day during school holidays (Sunday and holidays included), the weekends of Ascension and Pentecost and from June 1st to September 30th from 9am to 5pm. Free admission. Refer to the calendar for the guided tours offered by the Belle-Ile-en-Mer Historical Society and the hikes of Louve Blanche.
prec Previous element Back to list Back to the list next Next element
  • Français
  • English
  • Deutsch