Printer-friendly version

Current Size: 100%

La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban

prec Previous element Back to the list Back to the list Next element
Port Salio
56360 Le Palais
Location
  • La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban 1 - Le Palais
  • La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban 2 - Le Palais
  • La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban 1 - Le Palais
  • La Belle Fontaine Aiguade Vauban 2 - Le Palais
Also called Aiguade de Vauban, because built under his authority in 1703, it was once used to supply ships with fresh water. Classified as a historical monument, this reservoir can hold 860,000 liters. There are only 2 buildings of this type in France today. Open every day during school holidays (Sundays and public holidays included), Ascension and Pentecost weekends and from June 1 to September 30, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. July and August: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Free admission. Refer to the agenda for the guided tours offered in season by the Société Historique de Belle-île-en-Mer as well as the storytelling walks of Louve Blanche.
prec Previous element Back to list Back to the list Next element
  • Français
  • English
  • Deutsch