The Community of Communes of Belle-Île-en-Mer, within the framework of its competences, ensures the tourism policy of its territory. To do this, it relies on a tourism strategy that determines the actions necessary over the next few years. In this framework, it entrusts its tourist office, created in 1911, with the reception, information and tourist promotion of its territory.
The challenges to be met are numerous to promote the development of tourism outside the summer, to allow the maintenance of a year-round life on the island.
It is in this general perspective that the community of municipalities asks the Tourist Office of Belle-Île-en-Mer to :
– Ensure the reception and information of tourists;
– Ensure the promotion of Belle-Île-en-Mer;
– Contribute to exchanges between local and non-local actors for the development of tourism;
– To give an opinion on collective tourist equipment projects;
– To ensure the marketing of tourist services and packaged holiday products.
The central place of the Tourist Office of Belle-Île-en-Mer justifies its category 1 classification, obtained in 2016 (currently being renewed); a guarantee of a high quality level of services. It also obtained the Quality Tourism mark back in 2015.